> MOTRIN.....?? please consider Morphine/Tramadol/Oxycontin for the guys, even for a moderate pain.
--> Although I would not rule out NSAIDs at a DECENT DOSE for SOME sicklers, I must agree with the opinion here that, for us, opiates/ketamine/nitrous are the main stream. Also IV acetaminophen.

I guess NSAIDs do have a role, but it makes sense that, IF they do, patients should already have taken them before presenting...

Where I am now we get only the rare cases and they all have management plans in place from the pain team, so they only pass through the ED to exclude something which requires management of non-pain aspects e.g. infection, then move straight to short-stay ward for their "plan"... Generally they are in a ward bed within 1 hour of arrival at the ED door. In principle, we don't get anyone who does not have a plan... Those who "travel" about the country are encouraged to take their plan with them...

> Why a triage level 2

--> I did not get involved initially in the thread as I have no idea what these levels are. We use colours... I am sure we also have different standards for what is which level.

But, in general, we're sort of giving up on triage now that the emphasis is to see people so early that most don't wait much...
Cut through the jargon: find a PC for your needs.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/130777504/direct/01/
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html