Hello everyone,

Looking at the description of @place in the guidelines
(http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.placement.html),
I note that 'inline' is listed twice as a "suggested value", with two
different definitions:

"note appears as a marked paragraph in the body of the text."
"addition is made in a space left in the witness by an earlier scribe."

Is this an error? What is one to do if one wishes to include in one
edition both notes that are marked paragraphs, and notes that are
additions in the space?

Related question: if the value is "mixed", is there a way to indicate
which of the other values are included in the mixture? (One further
comment: I think the description of "mixed" should be "Two or more..."
not "One or more of the other values.")

Thanks!
Dot

--
Dot Porter, MA, MSLS

-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --

Phone: +353 1 234 2444
Fax: +353 1 234 2400
Email: [log in to unmask]

http://dho.ie