We're encoding collections of canon law (both printed and manuscript),
and there are instances where at the very end of the collection (after
the final canon) there is an explicit: "Explicit Liber primus" for
example. We're wondering if it would be reasonable to mark this using
the <closer> tag, which according to the Guidelines "groups together
salutations, datelines, and similar phrases appearing as a final group
at the end of a division, especially of a letter." A collection of
canons obviously isn't a letter, but the explicit seems to be acting
as a closer for the collection. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dot

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Pembroke House, 28-32 Upper