Hi,

I've been lurking on this list for a while, but this is my first post
(probably of many).

I'm trying to generate a TEI schema with an additional set of global
attributes.

I'm using Roma from the Debian packages, and using the command line:
roma test.odd test

The following minimal example results in a schema with the attribute
@addedDirectly in att.global:
            <schemaSpec ident="debug" start="TEI" xml:lang="en">
                <moduleRef key="header"/>
                <moduleRef key="core"/>
                <moduleRef key="tei"/>
                <moduleRef key="textstructure"/>
                <classSpec
                    type="atts" ident="att.global" mode="change" >
                    <attList>
                        <attDef mode="add" ident="addedDirectly">
                            <desc>Just a test</desc>
                            <datatype><rng:text/></datatype>
                        </attDef>
                    </attList>
                </classSpec>

            </schemaSpec>

While the following results in a schema with no additions to att.global.
The definition "att.global.test.attributes" appears in the RelaxNG, but
is never referenced.
            <schemaSpec ident="debug" start="TEI" xml:lang="en">
                <moduleRef key="header"/>
                <moduleRef key="core"/>
                <moduleRef key="tei"/>
                <moduleRef key="textstructure"/>

                <classSpec type="atts" ident="att.global.test" mode="add">
                    <attList>
                        <attDef mode="add" ident="addedByClass">
                            <desc>Just a test</desc>
                            <datatype><rng:text/></datatype>
                        </attDef>
                    </attList>
                </classSpec>

                <classSpec type="atts" ident="att.global" mode="change">
                    <classes mode="change">
                        <memberOf key="att.global.test" mode="add"/>
                    </classes>
                </classSpec>

            </schemaSpec>

Is this a bug in Roma or a bug in my reading of the TEI Guidelines?

Thanks,

Efraim Feinstein