Hi Martin,

I mentioned this topic in my recent posting in the rend thread. (Any

I think there really needs to be added some kind of @scope attribute to
<rendition/> to be able to handle such CSS pseudo-elements in a
cross-project reliable manner. In this case, it might look like this:

<rendition xml:id="parMarker" scheme="css" scope="before">content:
'¶';</rendition>

While James' suggestion to just use XSLT would work fine, it doesn't
encode the original formatting of the document in a standard fashion
that could be replicated by other consumers of the document (who might
use automated tools or be unaware of the particular conventions of the
project's stylesheet). The more projects rely on such conventions (if
they can be formalized), the more easy I think it would be for tools
(such as general-purpose stylesheets, browsers, etc.) to work with them
into the future.

I added this as a feature request at
https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2525586&group_id=106328&atid=644065

Brett