H ello ,

I am trying to use :
- <taxonomy> in the tei-header <encodingDes> to define two taxonomies
- and subsequently  in the tei-header <profileDesc>, the <category> defined in this taxonomies

I don't understand how to link the categories used in <profileDesc> to their declaration in <encodingDesc>.
It seems that a catRef element should be used. How exactly ?

Could someone help me there (or point me to prior discussion on this point  that I would have missed on the tei-l archives) ?

 Thanks in advance.

-- Veronika Lux
PS : if someone advice me to use external pre-defined taxonomies, please explain how to declare these in the <encodingDesc> and, above all, how to use these in the <profileDesc>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what we have :

<TEI xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0">
  <teiHeader>
< -- -- >
   <encodingDesc>
       <-- -->
                 <classDecl>
               <taxonomy  xml:id="mesTypesDePublication"><!-- self defined taxonomy for publication types -->
                   <category xml:id="mesTypesDePublication.these"><catDesc>thèse</catDesc></category>
                   <category xml:id="mesTypesDePublication.article"><catDesc>article</catDesc></category>
 <-- -->
               </taxonomy>
               <taxonomy xml:id="disciplinesDeMesPublications"><!-- self defined taxonomy for disciplines of the publication -->
                   <category xml:id="disciplinesDeMesPublications.linguistique"><catDesc>linguistique</catDesc></category>
                   <category xml:id="disciplinesDeMesPublications.taln"><catDesc>traitement automatique du langage</catDesc></category>
                   <category xml:id="disciplinesDeMesPublications.psychologie"><catDesc>psychologie</catDesc></category>
 <-- -->
               </taxonomy>
           </classDecl>
      </encodingDesc>

    <profileDesc>
        <-- -->
        <textClass>
          <keywords scheme="#mesTypesDePublication"> <!-- QUESTION : here the link is done with the taxonomy ... -->
            <list>
            <item>thèse</item>                                         <!-- ... but how do you link the particular category used ?  -->
          </list></keywords>
          <keywords scheme="#disciplinesDeMesPublications"><!-- SAME QUESTION -->
            <list>
            <item>traitement automatique du langage</item>
          </list></keywords>
          <keywords xml:lang="fr"> <!-- IS THIS CORRECT ? -->
                <list>
                    <item>génération automatique de texte</item>
                    <item>langue contrôlée</item>
                </list>
            </keywords>
               </textClass>