The simplest solution is suggestion 2, of course. I just get hung up on the question your third suggestion addresses. I suppose that any search-analysis software or stylesheet can easily ignore the pilcrow, so from a practical pov simply typing the character should suffice. Still, I cannot help but think of the pilcrow as something very different in kind from the text that follows it, so I hesitate to include it within <head/> without distinguishing it in some way.