--- On Mon, 1/12/09, Alex Fink <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And, in my naturalist aspect, the diachronic origins that
> I'd love to see
> for the changes is lacking; they're just random
> modifications.  You may've
> seen these pages that sometimes appear in variety puzzle
> magazines which
> start you off with one phrase and then issue a sequence of
> commands --
> insert a K between letters five and six, change every
> double vowel to EA,
> etc.

Yes, Anglosic is nothing more than a game, with no serious relationship to linguistics. What I found interesting about it was that a given language could be mastered quite quickly and easily once the rules of change are practiced for a bit. I guess that places it at a point somewhat more serious than Pig Latin, and a good deal less serious than some spontaneous contact trade jargon.

--gary