2009/1/8 Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Paul Kershaw <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Theoretically, there's a minimal amount of information that can be copyrighted.
>
> While I think this is arguable, it's also moot; the copyright is over
> the entire corpus, which is presumably larger than a couple words.
>
> - Sai

Which means that, while I cannot send another person your entire
corpus, I can send another person a selection of your corpus. And
while your grammar is copyrighted, I am not sending a copy of that
grammar along with my message. So, while your corpus and grammar are
copyrighted, that will not prevent me from using the language, any
more than a copyright on the Oxford English Dictionary would prevent
me from using English.