The task you're doing can be done to any concept pretty much
however you see fit.  If "rain" is "sky + water", perhaps "sky" is
"up + air".  All of this, however, will depend upon the frame of
mind one is examining the lexicon from (as well as the lexicon
itself).  There is no "split" that will be true for all people or all
languages.

What's this for?  Why does "love" need to be split up?  Here are
some possible splits for love:

desire + empathy
desire + care
eros + jealousy
fear + compassion

I can come up with an argument for pretty much anything.  (Not
that I agree with any of them.)

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.conlang.org/