Hey, that's not bad idea!  (Well, unless you have an iPhone, like
me, and have a keyboard at your disposal.  ;p  That was terrible.
I do love my iPhone, though.)  So what are the letters you get?

1 = ?  (Is it a hyphen?)
2 = A
3 = D
4 = G
5 = J
6 = M
7 = P
8 = T
9 = W
0 = Space?
* = *?
# = #?

Wow!  You totally have an Egyptian style three vowel system
with A = /a/, J = /j/ or /i/ and W = /w/ or /u/.  That's awesome!
Then for your phonemes, you have:

P T/D G (labial, coronal, dorsal)
M (nasal)

The only thing that's missing is a liquid.  Isn't that funny, though?
That stop inventory is the exact opposite of Arabic, which as /b/,
/t/ and /d/ and /k/.

If this was going to be a useable language, users would insist on
the letter sounding something like they look, so I don't think they
should stand for anything.  The question becomes what to do with
* and #, if anything at all?  I think the lack of liquids really hampers
this phonology.  Perhaps * or # could be used for an /r/ or /l/ of
some type, but would users accept it?

Anyway, it's a neat idea!  Man, we should have a competition to
see who could come up with the best cell phone language...

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.conlang.org/