On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:01:12 -0800, David J. Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Alex F.
><<
>I've noticed before the nice coincidence that the vowel and liquid
>letters
>_a e i l o r u_ are one each on the buttons 2 through 8.
> >>

>Wait...  What?  I'm familiar with this type of phone pad:
>
>http://www.ob1.ie/img/phone_pad.jpg
>
>Are there different kinds?  If so, this might not work as well.

No, same kind.  It's just that I started by rejecting the premise that we
have to use the _first_ letter on each key.  Maybe with the old input
methods by which 2 22 222 3 33 333 ... map to abcdef... we shouldn't do
that; but the inefficiency &c of those methods are a pet peeve of mine.  And
these days phones have predictive text, so that if we wanted 4 to always be
_i_, so it could be.

Alex