I looked at 1r.xml, and there's no mention of the stylesheet that the
browser is supposed to use to transform the file. You need to add this:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stile.xsl" ?>

right after the XML declaration, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stile.xsl" ?>

I'm not sure what the purpose of the HTML pages is, though.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Holmes