PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY

Children's Hospital and Clinics of Minnesota is recruiting for a
Medical Director to join our well-established Pediatric Emergency
Medicine Service.

Children's is the largest pediatric health care organization in the
Upper Midwest with 332 beds, 14,000 admissions and over 82,000 emergency
department visits. Our two main campuses in St. Paul and Minneapolis are
rapidly growing as we provide care to an 11 county region.

Our three ED sites are well staffed with 32 pediatric emergency
physicians, in addition to pediatricians and pediatric nurse
practitioners. We pride ourselves on strong clinical care, child
advocacy and research.  Additionally, our emergency  physicians
participate in the training of residents in pediatrics, emergency
medicine, and family medicine. We have an active PEM fellowship
sponsored by the University of MN.  Children's of Minnesota recently
introduced the first mobile simulation center in the United States to
focus solely on pediatric and neonatal emergency care.

This opportunity places strong emphasis on clinical service, program
development, and leadership.  Responsibilities include directing the
quality and performance improvement activities, clinical and
administrative leadership, focused improvements on the patient care
experience, collaboration with the trauma directors in the development
of a trauma program, and continued development of the department’s
research programs.

Qualified individuals will be Board Certified in Pediatric Emergency
Medicine, have at least 5 years of emergency medicine experience and 2
years of leadership experience.   Additional consideration will be given
to individuals who have high volume pediatric EM experience and/or
experience in a Level I or Level II Pediatric Emergency Medicine
center.

Children's provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package
that is market competitive.

Interested individuals should reply with a curriculum vita to:

Judy Brown
Physician Recruitment
MailStop 80-H190
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
2525 Chicago Avenue, South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
612-813-8133 - office/612-207-0443 - cell

Manu Madhok,MD,MPH
Fellowship Director,
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
University of Minnesota and
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, MS 17-605C Minneapolis
612 813 6822/6843

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html