From: PED-EM-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 11:09:55 PM
Subject: PED-EM-L Digest - 13 Mar 2009 to 16 Mar 2009 (#2009-69)

PED-EM-L Digest - 13 Mar 2009 to 16 Mar 2009 (#2009-69)
Table of contents:
	* Patient Satisfaction Scores (2)
	* Patient Satisfaction Scores
	* Patient Satisfaction Scores (03/15)
From: Jay Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
	* Re: Patient Satisfaction Scores (03/16)
From: Deborah Callanan <[log in to unmask]>

Browse the PED-EM-L online archives.

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Do you use patient satisfaction surveys in your PEM group?

Has your hospital administration suggested to your group that this is important to them?

Thanks - Jay

Jay D. Fisher MD FAAP
Director of Pediatric Emergency Services
Emergency Physicians Medical Group
University Medical Center, Las Vegas NV
St. Rose Sienna Hospital, Henderson NV

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Our hospital uses Press Ganey and is very concerned about scores.  We got 46 surveys in January when we had 7400 visits so the validity is certainly questionable.  It is very disheartening to get a raw score of 79-80 and have that translate to the first percentile.