We are setting up guidelines for our waiting room paramedics and triage nurses to use zofran and start oral rehydration in the waiting room for children greater than 2 months old and non-bilious vomiting.  Has anyone observed any poor outcomes or side effects from doing so?
Thank you
Jill C Obremskey, MD
Faculty, Department of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine
Director Pediatric Emergency Department Fast Track
Monroe Carroll Junior Children's Hospital
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Nashville, TN
615-260-2208

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: