Sai Emrys, On 08/04/2009 22:28:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Kelvin Jackson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> As  far as I know I don't have any neurological conditions (with the exception
>> of grapheme > color synaesthesia).
>
> How many of the rest of y'all are synaesthetes? What sort?

Me: words have colour, the biggest determinant of which is the letter that starts the word.  Some of it looks straightforward: e.g. Monday is white, prob bcs M is white, prob bcs Milk is white. Some of it is idiosyncratic: e.g. F is mustard colour. Some is subject to lots of intersubjective agreement: A is red, E is orange, I is yellow, O is bluegreen.

This sort of synaesthesia is not uncommon. Impressionistically: 1 in every 35 people? (Because I regularly ask my students.)

> And: how does it affect your conlanging?

It affects the vocab, in that there are chromatic phonaesthemes

--And.