I am having a very hard time coming up with a set of strict phonotactics to
create a unique "feel" for my language.  Could some of you guys post
examples from your languages to give me some perspective?

For example, I do not understand *why *certain consonant clusters work,
while others do not.  I want my phonotactics to make some logical sense, but
right now I find myself simply saying "oh, these two consonants work well
together!"

I have no little perspective on phonotactics, that even my questions are
lacking.  Thank you in advance for any responses...