I've recently been coining a number of words in Kamakawi, and
it occurred to me that I don't have any words for "money" or,
indeed, any monetary systems in any of my languages--probably
because I'm not too good with the stuff myself, and don't understand
it well.  I often foolishly think that the Kamakawi speakers are
so pure that they're "above" money, but that's just silly--though,
indeed, they may not have gotten there yet.

So, two questions.  First, does anyone have an at least semi-worked
out monetary system in any of their conlangs, and would you
care to explain it?

Second, does anyone know of a description (preferably online)
of a societal economy which didn't have money?  I'd like to get
a better idea of how such economies work.

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.com/