--- On Thu, 4/9/09, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  FWIW: I say
> [tsunami] too, but then we're about to start another YAEPT.

That you all for the clarification. Actually, my original question, which was due to my own relative ignorance of academic linguistics, was based on the fact that I saw two consonants together and, naively, called that a "consonant cluster". Clearly a "consonant cluster" is something other than just two or more consonants jammed together, although just what that "something other" might be escapes me. :)

--gary