On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Den 8. apr. 2009 kl. 23.28 skreiv Sai Emrys:
>
>> How many of the rest of y'all are synaesthetes? What sort?

I'm a concept synaesthesiac, though I'm not sure that counts, usually
I can sense how basic, complex or related a word is.

It affects my conlanging in that I want a language that goes from
basic to complex and compounds consist of their constituents.

Abstract concepts and scientific ones have associated experiences and
visualization -- perhaps from educational videos.

I can usually make a concept an entity and then relate to in various
ways, perhaps even have a conversation with it about what it is and
what it consists of. I can zoom back and forth through time and
complexity.
I guess it's more like browsing the akashic records than synaesthesia.
When I first started experiencing it though it came to me as shapes,
fractals and colors.
Nowadays it's much more specific in that I get what I ask for.

One might say it is the utilizing of the imagination,
but it's taken years of practice and meditation to get it to it this
refined state,
where it's much like "the mirror on the wall" from "sleeping beauty"
in that it can answer any question,
but in my head.

Truly Happy, Delighted and Wonderful,
Andrii (Lowki) Zvorygin.