On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Jarrette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is "teh" in "teh intarwebz" merely the common mistyping of "the" that occurs when one is typing too quickly or inattentively?  That happens so often to me.  Why "intAr" and "webZ"?  Phonetic spelling?  Common misspellings?

Originally, yes, it was a common typo. Now it's deliberate.
"Intarwebz" is also deliberate a mangling of "interweb" (itself based
on the common misconception that Internet and the Web are the same
thing), though I doubt it was ever a common mistake. They're
intentionally stupid, and usually used in the context of the Web as an
infinite source of time-wasting dumb stuff.