Kelvin,

I really like your idea and would be very interested in seeing where you go with
it!

I started on a similar idea thirty years ago and got blank looks from my U of
Chicago thesis advisers, who told me not to waste my their time.  After all the
progress which has been made since, it is sad that the low visibility of
graphical languages means someone may still get the same reaction.

Let me give you a very small example of what can be done with a graphical
languages.  For convenience, I will base this on work I have been doing, which
is primarily in three dimensions.

Take your nouns, which run vertically down the page from the top.  Curl the
page into a circle, so that the nouns now form a cylinder.  Lay the cylinder on
its side.  Now, as you move from left to right you are moving forward in the
time dimension.

Place a rod so it floats in the center of the cylinder.  The rod is composed of
segments.  Each segment is a verb and can be colored, striped and otherwise
marked.  Seen in cross-section each segment can be a circle, triangle,
quadrilateral or other shape.

Connect each segment via links (lines or smaller rods) to the appropriate
nouns.  The color and shape of these links can tell you whether the reference
is to a subject, object, or another category.  In this view the resulting diagram
is similar to a knobby bicycle wheel with lots of missing spokes.

This is the basic idea.  Now play with this to see some of the possibilities.  A
few of the many possibilities:

1) Make the rod another cylinder.  This makes its center hollow so it can be
filled as required with shapes to denote