Back to the main subject: I (and Dmitri a bit) have been learning the
basics of Sambahsa over the past few days and it's actually not as
difficult as you might be led to believe from the first impression the
site might give. The content on the wiki is almost all in French and a
bit scattered, which is part of what leads to that perception. With a
really good comprehensive textbook and dictionary in a few languages
it would probably be possible to start creating an active user base.

So what's the point, if it's still a fair amount more complex than
other IALs? Well, I'm curious as to whether Sambahsa has what it takes
to "trick" people into seeing it as a type of natural language instead
of an artificial one, since it's based on the idea of having a
language with a comprehensive Indo-European base, modified over time,
and with a fairly large number of foreign loanwords added later on
through the mixing of cultures. If having a large number of features
(ablaut, cases, verb conjugation by person, etc.) common to most IE
languages is enough to make the language feel like a natural language
to those first encountering it, then it may have something others
don't.

--
http://mithridates.blogspot.com