Larry Sulky wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>> I've thought about a system that would use adpositions like the French use
>> of "à" as in "machine à écrir" and maybe even a particle to mark adjectives
>> like Albanian* does . That way the relationships would be clearly
>> understood.
>>
>> * (for this matter, I've thought Albanian could make a good auxlang if you
>> want to go in the Eurolang direction)
>>

> I tried some time ago to reckon out which such particles would be needed. I
> can't find the list that I made now but it started out like this:
>
> - for the benefit of: "a human machine" => "a machine for humans"
> - belonging to: "a human machine" => "a machine belonging to humans"
> - made by: "a human machine" => "a machine made by humans"
> - made out of: "a human machine" => "a machine made of humans"
> - for the containment of: "a human machine" => "a machine for holding
> humans"
> - for the doing of: "a human machine" => "a machine for creating humans"
> - coming from: ....

That what sort of the idea that I had.  It would have reconciled the
different relationships.  Sasxsek solves most of this with the "-u"
suffix so any root can be made into a preposition in case the core
prepositions aren't clear enough.  "bonu" for example is the
benefactive, "havu" for the  possessive, "fabu" for "made from", etc.
In many case, context and common sense are enough so a simple compound
should do the trick anyway.