On Sat, 2 May 2009 20:09:48 -0700, steve rice <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>That does seem unusually clever. I'd like to see a presentation of it
whenever you're ready.

I don't know if it's clever, but it is fun ^^ It will take me long before I
can present something consistent though, I lack time to research the
metaphors used worldwide.

Here is how the compounds shown before work:

hauwa is roughly "to tiger out/away" (to roar)
haunu is "to tiger in/down" (to devour)
hauya is "to tiger around/apart" (to tear into pieces)
hauku is "to tiger on/upon/down" (to pounce)

Animals provide some of the most evocative metaphors, for instance "to
turtle a car". However care must be taken to avoid too culture specific
metaphors, such as those that assign a moral value or character to an animal.