On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I've thought about a system that would use adpositions like the French use
> of "à" as in "machine à écrir" and maybe even a particle to mark adjectives
> like Albanian* does . That way the relationships would be clearly
> understood.
>
> * (for this matter, I've thought Albanian could make a good auxlang if you
> want to go in the Eurolang direction)

I tried some time ago to reckon out which such particles would be needed. I
can't find the list that I made now but it started out like this:

- for the benefit of: "a human machine" => "a machine for humans"
- belonging to: "a human machine" => "a machine belonging to humans"
- made by: "a human machine" => "a machine made by humans"
- made out of: "a human machine" => "a machine made of humans"
- for the containment of: "a human machine" => "a machine for holding
humans"
- for the doing of: "a human machine" => "a machine for creating humans"
- coming from: ....

At that point I petered out and decided that I'd probably never get such a
list right or complete, so in Qakwan I just use explicit verbs rather than
particles (though I do have a particle for "associated with in some way" and
one to mark an indirect object in some nonspecific way).

--larry