On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 00:00 -0000, caeruleancentaur wrote:

> Some time ago there was a discussion about the percentage of parts of speech to the total number of words, but I forget what that was all about.  In Senjecas there is a total of 1,540 verbs in those 2,385 words, which gives a percentage of 65% verbs to words.  What does this tell me?

That you're short on nouns, or Senjecan has some very specific verbs! I
once compiled a basic vocabulary list for an auxlang (I plead youthful
folly!), based on Eaton's Semantic Frequency Dictionary and the
vocabularies of Esperanto, Ido, and Novial. This had 36% verbs (22%
excluding what would be adjectives in SAE) out of 8600 concepts.