On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Peter Bleackley
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've been thinking about the Standard Fantasy Race of Dwarfs. They
> traditionally live in caverns, mines, and other underground spaces, so it
> occurred to me that their natural environment is very echoey. How would that
> affect the way their language developed? I think that they'd have to have a
> lot of temporal redundancy in the language - maybe vowel harmony between
> adjacent syllables. Anything else come to mind?
>
> Pete

Really I was always under the impression that Dwarves that lived in
caves were just Gray aliens -- since they are short and live
underground mostly (due to historic nuclear devastation of their home
planet).

While Elves were the tall blonde Nordic aliens orions or plaedians.

Sure the terminology has changed over the years, but so have words like savvy.