Hallo!

On Thu, 21 May 2009 09:37:31 -0400, Mark J. Reed wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Jörg Rhiemeier <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> > Actually, the similarties between modern UFO sightings and accounts
> > of Faerie encounters from earlier centuries are such that several
> > authors have proposed that both are really the same phenomenon
> > (whatever it is) - only the *interpretation* of the phenomenon has
> > changed.
>
> That phenomenon being the inborn irrational human desire for magic? :)

Possible.  The "evidence" presented for UFO and Faerie encounters is
so weak that there is little reason to assume that we are dealing with
a "real", "objectively" existing phenomenon there, be it extra-, intra-
or ultraterrestrials.  Of course, we don't know that we are *not*
visited by aliens of some sort, but as far as we can say so far, we are
just dealing with a tradition of tall tales and either misinterpreted
or forged evidence.

Of course, everybody is free to build some conworldy stuff on the
"findings".  (Mark P. Line once sketched a phonology of a "Grey"
language.)

... brought to you by the Weeping Elf