On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:21 AM, Eugene Oh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm also interested in taking part in this very fascinating endeavour—count
> me in!

This raises another question, pragmatically: What do we put on such a listing?

For (c), we could give eg a list of the conlangs available, a brief
sample, a neutral general-audience description, etc.

But how do we do the same for a conlang*er*, in a way that doesn't
make it a complete crapshoot for the person browsing the list?

I don't want to be involved in 'judging' conlangers (what - star
ratings, like restaurant reviews? :-P), but someone looking at such a
list *does* need to be able to make such a judgment as to who'd be
most suitable for their needs.

The closest I can think of is to give the work samples - but that
might give a false idea of what the person is capable of doing, vs
what they happen to have done so far.

- Sai