Steve Tinney wrote:
> Quoting Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>> We use TEI to write common-or-garden web pages; for each page
>> we record a publication date (when the document was written) and
>> an editon date (when it was last noticeably revised).
>>
>> I now want to record a status (eg "frozen", "expired", "checked")
>> for each page, and I am sore pressed to find a simple container for my
>> data.
>>
>> What would others do? I am half-inclined to a local attribute:
>>
>>    <editionStmt>
>>      <edition ox:status="expired">2001-06</edition>
>>   </editionStmt>
>
> This is related both to workflow-recording and document life-cycle.  Since it is
> already possible to document in the TEI header the manuscript origin of a
> document and the various stages of encoding and processing it has gone through
> via various agency and responsibility constructs, I think it would be natural
> to have this kind of status information built-in to the TEI guidelines.

I agree. For journal articles, I have to record at least two stages,
"proofing" and "published". In the past, I've resorted to the @rend
attribute on the root TEI or TEI.2 element, on the shaky basis that the
rend="proofing" setting amounts to an instruction to the publishing
system not to show the article among the published set, but to render it
on the Proofing page for authors and editors to check. [Ducks for cover.]

Does this kind of thing belong in the <revisionDesc>, perhaps?

Cheers,
Martin
--
Martin Holmes