Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> so unless we add <label> to model.phrase, slightly
> back to the drawing board of @status or @label on <edition>

I much prefer @docStatus to @status or @label; it seems clearer. I see
no reason why it shouldn't be potentially useful inside <biblStruct>,
too. That would solve one small issue I have with
<biblStruct>/<biblFUll>/<bibl> and <title>:

title/@level has values a, m, j, s, and u.

The last is "unpublished", which, it seems to me, actually refers to the
document status; that's surely different from the document _type_, which
is what a, m, j and s refer to. It would be very useful to be able to say:

...<title level="m">Title of thesis</title>

...<edition docStatus="unpublished">...</edition>

so it's clear that it's a full-length monograph, but not published.

So I think it's fine to have @docStatus available on <edition> wherever
it appears, but the Guidelines would probably give most
info/guidance/examples with reference to its use in the teiHeader.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Holmes