stuart yeates wrote:
> I'm currently in a dither of indecision about how to handle images, but
> I think I'll be using absolute URLs back to our website (which means
> that those without an internet connection don't see images). Mainly
> because a 1000 page illustrated encyclopedia gets big pretty fast if you
> include images. An 182M ebook kind of defeats the purpose.

This is getting a bit off-topic, but with +10 years of mobile reading (on
trains to work, among others), I just have to say that 182 MB is no problem
at all, nowadays, but requiring an internet connection *really* defeats the
purpose.  I rather see ebooks (and epub tries to make ebooks work) as self
contained entities which do not require stuff from outside itself.

just my 2 yen,

Christian

--
  Christian Wittern