Hello!

I am new to this list (and relatively new to TEI) - I am afraid my
questions might belong in a "Newbie" list.

I am encoding a modern Chinese scholar's heavily annotated, text-
critical edition of a 7th century Chinese Buddhist dictionary. I only
have the Guidelines to go by.

The dictionary has a number of chapters, but each of these have front
and back matter - TOCs and colophons and so on. It does not appear
correct to regard the  dictionary as a text group, so is there another
way of handling such a situation? It looks to me as if it might occur
often, in Western contexts as well.

Regards,

Jens Østergaard Petersen
University of Heidelberg