Jens Østergaard Petersen wrote:
> Can I conclude that little (if any) importance is attached to the
> meaning given the <group> element in the Guidelines? that <group> can be
> used also for an authorial sequence of chapters?

Personally, I would follow James' approach (as below) to reproduce the
dictionary and not worry about a semantic overload to <group>, to me that
makes the most sense.  As to the other things you mentioned, like the
repetition of title and author at the beginning of every scroll (and this
carried over to bound print editions, where there are no scrolls anymore), I
usually use the element <fw> to carry this.

>>> For what it is worth, I would have used something like:
>>>
>>> ====
>>> <text>
>>> <front>
>>>   <!-- front matter for entire dictionary--></front>
>>> <group>
>>>   <text>
>>>       <front><!-- front matter for first chapter --></front>
>>>       <back><!-- back matter for first chapter --></back>
>>>   </text>
>>>   <text>
>>>       <!-- second chapter -->
>>>   </text>
>>> </group>
>>> <back><!-- back matter for entire dictionary--></back>
>>> </text>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> -James
>>> --
>>> Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford
>>> James dot Cummings at oucs dot ox dot ac dot uk

All the best,

Christian

--
  Christian Wittern