We use TEI to write common-or-garden web pages; for each page
we record a publication date (when the document was written) and
an editon date (when it was last noticeably revised).

I now want to record a status (eg "frozen", "expired", "checked")
for each page, and I am sore pressed to find a simple container for my
data.

What would others do? I am half-inclined to a local attribute:

   <editionStmt>
     <edition ox:status="expired">2001-06</edition>
  </editionStmt>

but even that does not seem 100% semantically correct.

Ideas?

--
Sebastian Rahtz

Sólo le pido a Dios