Quoting Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>:

> We use TEI to write common-or-garden web pages; for each page
> we record a publication date (when the document was written) and
> an editon date (when it was last noticeably revised).
>
> I now want to record a status (eg "frozen", "expired", "checked")
> for each page, and I am sore pressed to find a simple container for my
> data.
>
> What would others do? I am half-inclined to a local attribute:
>
>    <editionStmt>
>      <edition ox:status="expired">2001-06</edition>
>   </editionStmt>

This is related both to workflow-recording and document life-cycle.  Since it is
already possible to document in the TEI header the manuscript origin of a
document and the various stages of encoding and processing it has gone through
via various agency and responsibility constructs, I think it would be natural
to have this kind of status information built-in to the TEI guidelines.

 Steve