Lou Burnard wrote:
> Presumably a document can be "unexpired" occasionally -- or re-expired
> -- without becoming a new edition?
no, any change of status is a new edition in my book, even if no text
changes are made.

> <revisionDesc>
> <change when="2009-06">expired</change>
> <change when="2001-06">last updated</change>
that implies that I want a _history_, which I am not that bothered about

> This still doesn't allow you to constrain the possible values of course,
I can constrain that text using RELAX NG, so I am not bothered about
whether its an attribute

> Alternatively, you could use secret codes for your @n values on
> edition I suppose (if the @n value starts with X it's an expired
> edition... OK, no that is disgusting and I apologise for even
> mentioning it)
well, that was my[1] plan, actually! you guessed right first time.

[1] ok, James Cummings' plan .....

--
Sebastian Rahtz

Sólo le pido a Dios