Hi Lou,

Lou Burnard wrote:
> I've just realised you could also do all this -- with no need for
> customization -- by using the <label>  element, which is already
> available within <edition>, as a sibling of <date>.
>
> <edition>
>   <date>23 jun 09</date>
>   <label>withdrawn</label>
> </edition>
>
> So no need for a new attribute. If we do go for a new attribute, we need
> to remember that it would apply to the status of the document whose
> edition is being specified -- so for example, @docStatus on an <edition>
> inside a <sourceDesc> would refer to the status of the source document,
> not that of its digital version.

This last bit confuses me. What we need is a way of specifying the
status of a born-digital document, which has no external source. I was
assuming that <edition> would appear as a child of <editionStmt>, which
would be the second component in the <fileDesc>, as explained in the
guidelines:

<http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/HD.html#HD22>

However, when I try to add this to one of my files in that location:

<editionStmt>
         <edition>
           <date when="2009-06-06"></date>
           <label>published</label>
         </edition>
       </editionStmt>

I get an error stating that <label> is not allowed. <label> is in the
core, so the error can't be caused by a missing module in my schema. Am
I misunderstanding something here?

Cheers,
Martin
--