Read a parenting magazine. There's a distinctly disproportionate use of "she" for babies.

It's not something I noticed until I started browsing at parenting magazines in the OB office over the last few months. My own new sprog is very male. :)

-- Paul

________________________________
From: Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:22:49 PM
Subject: Re: Masculine and feminine nouns affect how one perceives objects?

Babies are "she"?  Since when?  Baby boys are "he", baby girls are
"she".  Aside from overcorrection for the default masculine pronoun,
which shows up with all sorts of referents, I haven't noticed a
disproportionate number of feminine babies.  Some babies are "it" if
their sex is unknown, but that's usually reserved for references in
utero...