For interlinears and whatnot, I generally try to wrap at 72
characters, to allow quoting, and I try to keep tables within the same
width limit -- in both cases assuming a fixed-width font will be used
by the recipient.

I don't wrap the main body of outgoing email text, at least not
normally. In best "let the end user choose" fashion, I let the end
user choose how they want to see my emails. If you can't configure
your email client to best suit your personal needs, it's time to find
one you *can* configure (or learn more about your current one ;-).

--
Paul