On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Jim Henry<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 1:46 AM, M.S.
> Soderquist<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> well for me. To be honest, the lousy timing of NaNoWriMo is partially to
>> blame for my "failure" there. (It's not real failure-- I've
>
> That puzzles me; why a 30-day month with a major holiday around which
> lots of people spend 3+ days travelling, when there are several 31-day
> months without such drawbacks?

I agree it's a strange decision. I always assumed it was because
November started with an N. Maybe they were pondering making it
NoNaNoWriMo in the beginning?

to your point about the text from a competition being not only having
plot and style flaws, but also grammatical errors and those being
harmful to people learning I agree completely, BUT as most conlangs
have hardly anything in the way of public corpus I think it's a case
of anything being better than nothing. I agree it'd be optimal to have
the cleaned up versions also, but I don't know how many people would
take the time to do that.

-Kate