I heard this news, too, which prompted me to go back and start re-reading the series ( http://library.conlang.org/blog/?p=60 ). Good fun!

I'm skeptical that they'll bother with Barsoomian since a major part of the language was its "telephathic" quality according to ERB. We may hear some unintelligible words when John Carter first arrives on Barsoom, but I'm bettin' those will quickly be replaced by "Standard Galactic English" ;-) At least, maybe we'll hear "Kaor!" as a greeting.

As an aside, I've been woefully disappointed in adaptations lately, the most with the animated Beowulf. I was looking forward to it, and was waaaay let down. I'm going to try to *not* get excited about a John Carter movie. Keeping my expectations low and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.