Yingdilah is SOV based so one would say:

"amah iglesia jala" (I church go)

Verbs do not change according to gender, tense or person. For tense Yingdilah uses tense markers that come before the basic verb, i.e. "amah iglesia sudah jala" (I church already go), which means "I went to church". "Amah iglesia jah jala" (I church 'future marker' go), which means "I will go to church".

Only nouns of Indian or Spanish origin change ending based on gender, so "putra" means "son" but "puteri" means "daughter". If one wishes to say male plant one would say "pulu" but for a female plant one would say "kisih pulu", the "kisih" means "female" but also "girl".

To pluralise a noun one doubles the noun, so "gunah" meaning "sin" is pluralised by doubling it, i.e. "gunah-gunah" (sins). if a number is used there is no need to pluralise the noun, "kisih" means "a girl" and "ingi kisih" means "two girls".

Adjectives come before the noun, so "warah kuta" means "big dog" and "berang kedah" means "white house".  (warah - big, berang - white).

Superlatives also come before the adjective, so "mah warah" means "bigger", the comparative is expressed with the word "ke", so "amah mah warah ke kuta" means "bigger than the dog". "kuta amah mah berang ke kuta ni" (my dog is whiter than that dog).

There is no word for "is", this is simply implied. There is also no word for "the" or "a/an," these are also implied.

Who is doing a verb is expressed by the insertion of the personal pronoun before the verb, i.e. "amah jala" (I go), "inu jala" (we go), "ilu jala" (he/she/it goes) etc...

Posession is expressed by placing the personal pronoun after the noun, i.e. "kisih amah" (my girl), "kisih apa" (your girl), "kisih inu" (our girl) etc...

Get the best of MSN on your mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/