On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, Jens Wilkinson wrote (excerpt):

> Well, it's funny that you mention that, because the auxlang I
> developed (Neo Patwa) has only 400 root words, and with those you can
> make 400x400 two-root compounds (160,000 words), though with
> three-root compounds you could make many more than a million. [...]

However, in practice in speaking, as distinguished from writing, there
is the significant problem of parsing a speech stream into distinct and
distinguishable words.  CVCVCV CV, but why not CVCV CVCV?  Where are
the word boundaries?  I am no particular partisan of Loglan and Lojban
(especially), but the parsing into word boundaries is unambiguous.

--
Paul Bartlett