On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:13 AM, <deinx nxtxr><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  A lot of areas like Atlanta or Phoenix have moved to 10
> digit dialing so the whole number must always be dialed, even inside the
> same area code.

Which strikes me as silly.  Growing up, most of the phone numbers
around me were 912-92x-xxxx, and I could just dial the x's and get
through.  It was almost like the whole city was on a PBX.  I don't see
why the fact that there are multiple area codes in my local calling
area should mean that outbound calls can't default to the area code,
exchange, etc. of the phone I'm dialing.

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>