> And what of units which are no longer administrative, but whose names
> are still in use? The introduction of Departments in revolutionary
> France didn't stop people saying that they lived in Normandy or
> Provence. In England, the county of Middlesex was incorporated into
> Greater London and now has no institutions at all. Nevertheless, it is
> still part of the correct postal address for many areas (e.g. Ashford,
> Middlesex as opposed to Ashford, Kent) and those crossing Kew Bridge in
> a northward direction are faced with a "Welcome to Middlesex" sign.

IMHO, these things need a difference between a geographical and an administrative marker. Which is also needed for many areas which never have been independent.

--
Va'xen tekne'het jasam alna! Va'xen tekne'het ojyu alna! Va'xen tekne'het tene'xen!
Let us make the world more colorful! Let us make the world crazier! Let us make the world our world!