Lee wrote:
> For those of you thinking about participating in LoCoWriMo, there are
> a few resources that may make the project easier. Although these
> apply specifically to NaNoWriMo, there's no reason why most/all of
> each one won't apply to LoCoWriMo.
>
> 1. The official guide to NaNoWriMo: No Plot? No Problem! by Chris
> Baty, the guy who started NaNoWriMo ten years ago. There is an entire
> chapter on where to find the time, along with explanations of what to
> expect during each week of the month. Oh yes, you WILL want to quit
> starting sometime mid-month, but if you can hold out... BTW, you get
> the seven days (but no more!) just before the month begins to do some
> plot planning, character development, etc.

My problem is that the amount of spare time I'll have to work on the
project may be dependent on factors beyond my control. That makes it
pretty much impossible to set a goal. I could assume a typical work week
and make plans based on that, but October is so far away, and there's a
good chance I'll need to be working extra hours or even weekends by then.

I could set the plan for the amount of time I'd normally expect to have
free, and allow the target date to slip if I end up having to work lots
of extra hours. But that would be a bit of a cheat, and if I'm
overwhelmed at work I'll be in no shape to take part in ambitious
writing projects.

> 2. Considering that you may have, at best, an elementary school level
> fluency with your conlang of choice, it might be more appropriate to
> participate as a "young writer." Visit http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/ for
> more information about NaNoWriMo's Young Writer's Program (YWP). The
> Young Novelist Workbooks <http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/workbooks> may be
> particularly helpful.

I've been more concerned about accuracy than fluency, so I'm in the
habit of looking up each word as I translate. Tirelat's mandatory
evidentials also pose a problem for translations, although it may not be
as much of a hindrance when writing original text. Minza is easier to
write, and the documentation is in better shape. But at this point I
think I'd rather spend the time improving Tirelat than doing much more
work with Minza.