On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:08 AM, kate rhodes<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> It'd be even neater (IMHO) if it came with a relatively comprehensive
>> list of languages' propositions to go with the pictures. ;-)
>
> I'm assuming you mean prepositions.

Oy. Yes, I did. Yay for homophonic typos. (And yes, I do know how to
spell it right, and use both words. I've been making an increasingly
large number of homophonic typos lately.)

>> Also, you may want to consider including various other common
>> propositional things - e.g. rings and fingers; people and various
>> vehicles; etc.
>
> Creating a visual dictionary of common nouns would be useful, but
> would require way more time and effort that I'm willing to invest
> without a large pile of cash. ;)

I don't mean a dictionary of nouns, but specifically various strongly
prepositional things that vary between languages.

I know I've seen this in my ling classes' maps of preposition space...

- Sai